05 April 2012
Prof Konyn holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (post-graduate) from the University of Natal. She has completed courses in curriculum design, assessment and language and discourse and have also completed courses in International Trade and Marine Insurance at Southampton University UK. Prof Konyn is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of South Africa.
Prof Konyn has been an Associate Professor at the University of Natal since 1995.
Prof Konyn also received the Emma Smith Bursary (1974 through to 1979) and was awarded the Rotary Overseas Scholarship 1986/, which was granted on the basis of academic performance.
Her leadership roles include being at the University of Natal include being Acting DVC (Administration and Corporate Governance)(2007), Head of School, Durban (1999 - 2001), Head of Department : Business Law ( 1996 -1998), Assistant Dean - Faculty Of Law, Durban ( 1988-1995) and Chairperson , Student Disciplinary Court (1995 - ).
Prof Konyn also served on the KwaZulu Natal Town and Regional Planning Commission. (1997 to 2001) and the KZN Rental Housing Tribunal ( 2002- 2008). She is currently serving on the KZN Gambling Board (2003- ), the South African Council for Planners Appeal Board (2008-) and the KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board (2009-).
Reviewed Publications from the pen of Prof Konyn include the following:
- " Henochsberg on the Companies Act (1985)
- "Computer Crime" in Essays on Computer Law (1990).
- "Protection of Trade Secrets" in Essays on Computer Law (1990).
- “Huur Gaat Voor Koop & the Lessees Right of Election” in Obiter 1995 Vol 161 pp 170-174.
Other Publications include:
- "Restrictions and Limitations on Human Rights" (Article 29) in Human Rights for South Africans (1991).
- “Consumer law in South Africa” Ch 6 Consumers & Banks pp 182-204.
- The Law of Commerce in South Africa. Scott et al Oxford 2009. Chapters on negotiable instruments, lease and agency.