A Webinar on Sustainable Community Planning
November 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
At this interactive Webinar, participants will:
- Engage with a sustainability perspective on key challenges facing Town and Regional Planners and Practitioners in Built Environments and Human Settlements
- Explore effective, transformative, and innovative concepts and ideas for sustainable development
- Enhance understanding of Integrated Development Plans, Spatial Development Frameworks and Land Use Management Schemes as tools for sustainable community planning
Key Learning Outcomes
This interactive webinar will enable delegates to:
- Discern between sustainable and unsustainable development.
- Grasp the salient principles of sustainable planning.
- Enhance your understanding on how
energy issues should be addressed to foster long-term sustainability;
water and sanitation issues should be addressed to foster sustainability;
waste issues should be addressed to foster sustainability;
land use & transport issues should be addressed to foster sustainability;
socio-economic issues should be addressed to foster sustainability;
political will is a critical success factor in crafting the path to long-term sustainability; and
statutes and bylaws have to be formulated to foster sustainability.
- Understand how a municipal Integrated Development Plan, Spatial Development Framework and Land Use Management Scheme can enable sustainability.
For more information please download the Brochure