- This event has passed.
Become a Tender Expert – Venue-based Workshop (COVID permitting)
September 22, 2020 @ 8:00 am - September 23, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
The Become a Tender Expert 2-day workshop/webinar focusses on how to respond to a tender correctly, adhering to all tender compliance requirements. It teaches the participants everything they need to know in responding to a bid or quotation.
This interactive workshop offers a comprehensive understanding of the procurement regulations of 2017 as set out by National Treasury and unpack the legal requirements in responding to tenders.
It includes in-depth analysis of certain aspects of the tender process as well as case studies that attendees complete during the workshop to sharpen their tender response skills.
The case studies are done under supervision and guidance of the facilitator ensuring that the attendees are competent in responding to tenders. The workshop empowers delegates to respond to tenders in a compliant, effective way.
It familiarises delegates with the whole tender process and requirements to submit tenders. The content covers both private and public sector tenders.
The attendees will:
- Submit confident, compliant responses to both private and public sector.
- Be trained in completing the government’s Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) correctly.
- Avoid disqualification for non-compliance with tender regulations.
- Understand the newly revised Preferential Procurement Regulations of 2017 and all the new tender requirements and trends.
- Be able to calculate the Preferential Procurement points their tender response can earn.
- Understand and be able to complete the Local Content section of a tender.
- Understand B-BBEE and claim your maximum points.
- Have practical and strategic information on Joint Ventures, Consortiums, and sub-contracting and how to utilise them.
- Gain expert insight into competitive pricing in the bid environment by doing actual pricing calculations.
- Have a clear understanding of all the relevant terminology used in the tender environment.