- This event has passed.
Guidelines for Improved Land Administration Course
November 16, 2020 @ 8:00 am - November 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
For more information click on Course Brochure
This week-long course is designed to expose participants to relevant theories and practices around effective and responsible land administration for securing property tenure and ensuring land rights for all. Participants will learn the principles of responsible land administration, understand the different roles involved, and appreciate the importance of collaboration among different stakeholders.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand land administration systems
- Understand the principles of responsible land administration
- Categorise and distinguish between different tools for responsible land administration
- Understand the fit-for-purpose approach to land administration
- Explain how responsible land administration systems could be designed to effectively secure people’s property tenure and land rights.
- Introduction to land administration
- Principles of responsible land administration
- Land tools
- Introduction to fit-for-purpose land administration
- Designing pro-poor land rights recordal systems.
Who Should Attend?
The course will benefit all who are involved or interested in land administration studies, specifically government officials and employees in the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform and the Department of Human Settlements, municipal managers and employees involved in land administration functions, and members of NGOs with an interest in land administration and securing land rights. The course is widely applicable and designed to satisfy the multi- and inter-disciplinary nature of land administration and management.