- This event has passed.
Sustainable Infrastructure Seminar
December 2, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
09:00 – 11:30 SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURE SEMINAR
In Partnership With: Sentech
The most effective path to sustainable socio-economic growth is by rejuvenating the economy through infrastructure investment and implementation. Infrastructure investment using public land and buildings holds the key to achieving spatial, economic and climate justice by connecting people, integrating communities and providing easier access to work opportunities while sustaining the environmental resources on which public health depends. South Africa’s Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPWI) has developed a new Sustainable Infrastructure Development System (SIDS) methodology to ensure that infrastructure development is not transactional, as in the past, but sustainable, functional and bankable.
Facilitator: Brandon Abdinor, Attorney, Facilitator, Writer & Consultant
09:00 – 09:15 Opening and Welcome
• Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa, Head of the Investment and Infrastructure Office in the Presidency (Invited)
09:20 – 10:45 Panel Discussion: What does Smart Infrastructure mean in the context of African cities?
• Batho Mokhothu, Deputy Director-General: Construction Project Management, DPWI
• Christopher Campbell, CEO, Consulting Engineers South Africa
• Hiten Parmer, Director, uYilo National eMobility Programme
• Lawrence P. Juku, Executive Head, Centre of Excellence, Vodacom IoT Africa
• Noel Mashayamombe, Head Decorative Coatings: R&D, Plascon
• Najwah Allie-Edries, Head of the Jobs Fund
10:50 – 12:20 Panel Discussion: Funding sustainable infrastructure: project bonds, green infrastructure bonds, transformation bonds and green climate funds
• Chuene Ramphele, Group Executive: Infrastructure Delivery Division, DBSA
• Carl Bernadac, Deputy Regional Director at AFD (French Development Agency)
• Lungisa Fuzile, CEO, Standard Bank South Africa
• Leslie Maasdorp, Vice-President, New Development Bank
• Vusi Khanyile, Chairman, Thebe Investment Corporation
• Nazmeera Moola, Deputy Managing Director: SA, Head of SA Investments, Ninety One Asset Management
Please Note: This is a Provisional Programme and will be subject to change from time to time