- This event has passed.
Vision Net Zero Waste Seminar
December 2, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 2:35 pm
12:30 – 14:35 VISION NET ZERO WASTE SEMINAR
In Partnership With: Tetra Pak
Net Zero means zero carbon emissions in a product’s life-cycle – it’s the goal the waste sector strives for, and there are many wins along the way. South Africa’s constantly developing waste management industry is one of Africa’s most efficient, but South Africans are still dumping 108 million tonnes of waste every year – which translates to R25.2bn of missed opportunity. Fortunately, entities keen to recover value from waste have a plethora of new modalities at their disposal, such as zero waste to landfill, generating revenue from recycling streams through the circular economy model, new waste treatment and recovery technologies and legislative incentives. Waste recycling, reuse, recovery and beneficiation technologies has tremendous potential socioeconomic and environmental benefits provided the waste industry innovates around more efficient waste recovery facilities. Smart technology and data analytics can help companies manage waste more efficiently and cost effectively.
Facilitator: Thabang Mashigo, Political Speech- writer, Entrepreneur and Business Strategist
12:30 – 12:45 Opening and Welcome
• Moegamat Ishaam Abader, Acting Director General, Department of Environmental Affairs (Invited)
12:50 – 13:45 Panel Discussion: Implementing zero waste to landfill: a product life-cycle approach
• Stefan Fageräng, Managing Director, Tetra Pak Southern Africa
• Lungile Manzini, Corporate Sustainability Expert
• Bridgette Vermaak, Xperien ITAD specialist
• Jason McNeil, CEO, Interwaste holdings Ltd
• Shabeer Jhetam, Executive Director, Packaging SA
13:50 – 14:35 Panel Discussion: Zero carbon growth: new technologies, incentives and circular economy modelling within an industrial framework.
• Agripa Munyai, Sustainability Manager, Tetra Pak Southern Africa
• Lindiwe Modise, Chief Environmentalist, Green Loop Environmental Consultants
• Henry Nuwarinda, Industrial Symbiosis Project Manager, NCPC-SA
• Chandru Wadhwani, Joint MD, Extrupet
Please Note: This is a Provisional Programme and will be subject to change from time to time