Forum Rules & Regulations
Rules for the use of this forum. Please note that any content not complying with these rules will be deleted, and frequent non-compliance with these rules, or serious transgressions, will result in the users who are not registered planners being banned from this forum. In the case of registered planners, formal disciplinary procedures may be instituted.
- All content and conduct on this forum must comply with the gazetted rules and conduct of conduct published in terms of the Planning Professions Act 36 of 2020 (notice 1230 of 2013). These are available on this website in the downloads section (link: https://sacplan.org.za/code-of-conduct/).
- This a professional forum for discussions relating to urban and regional planning. Any content not of a professional nature, or with no relation to urban or regional planning, will not be allowed.
- Any content which is ‘not safe for work’ is not permitted.
- Treat one another with courtesy and respect, and limit any criticisms to ideas, not people. Personal attacks, infringement of privacy, or any discourteous conduct or material is not permitted.
- No spam, or advertising without the prior consent of the moderators, is allowed.
- No material which violates copyright, or any other legislation, is permitted.
- Please do not post jobs, resources or events on this forum, but do email events, resources and job advertisements for professional planners to email@example.com. Jobs, resources and events are posted to the dedicated pages on this website which are reserved for registered planners.
- No content is allowed that is hurtful or discriminatory on the basis of one or more grounds, including race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, and birth. Transgression of this rule will result in an immediate ban for users who are not registered planners, and disciplinary procedures may be instituted for registered planners.
Please note that the interpretation and application of these rules is based on the judgement of SACPLAN and the moderators. Any dispute with their judgement must occur through the formal SACPLAN appeals process.
If you are unsure if your post will comply with the rules, please contact the moderators (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) before posting.
Please note that the posts in this forum do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of SACPLAN or the SAPER project, and individuals are solely liable for any consequences emanating from their posts.